After reading this passage of scripture, it makes me want to change my prayers. I mean some of my conversations with GOD are full of complaints of how things are not going the way “I” want them to. I wonder if I need to change my perspective on prayer.
- GOD is sovereign which means HE has the highest authority over me and my wishes.
- GOD is all knowing which means HE knows when I am requesting something harmful that I think is innocent.
- GOD is everywhere which means HE knows about the person who wants to harm me as well as those who will provide relief.
- GOD is all powerful which means HE is far more than a wish granter rather HE is a “will” maker.
- GOD is all seeing which means HE sees right through my plans.
My prayers need to praise GOD while petitioning HIM to change the situation. JESUS showed many times that HE was moved by the difficult circumstances humans face. Somehow my prayer translates to faith in the one who can do something about the situation. My prayers should not be wasted on complaints rather they should point to GOD’s majesty.
- How do you speak to GOD?
- Are you treating HIM as a common human or as GOD?
- Can you praise GOD in the middle of your circumstance?