Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Don’t be afraid!



Revelation 1: 17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as if I were dead. But he laid his right hand on me and said, “Don’t be afraid! I am the First and the Last. 18 I am the living one. I died, but look—I am alive forever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and the grave.

============

Sometimes I get worried and think “my” situation is “my” situation. I pout and whine and plan and wince and I stay right in the same place, staring at my circumstance. Who can save me?

  • GOD said “Don’t be afraid” because there is no circumstance greater than HIS might
  • GOD said “I am the living one” which means I can help you right now and tomorrow.
  • GOD said “I am alive forever and ever!” so have no fear about what I say today because MY promises can never be broken.


Since JESUS is the FIRST and the LAST, there is no decree or law or situation that can go outside of HIS rule. HE says HE is love and HE means it. My life here on Earth is just as precious as my life after the Earth passes away.

HE speaks to me and says “Do not be afraid.” Even though GOD is almighty and I sin, HE has incredible restraint and somehow translates my broken relationship with HIM into something that is mended and useful.

GOD is the great “I am” so I do not have to be afraid!

  • What are you afraid of?
  • Can you give your circumstance over to GOD?
  • Won’t you surrender your sins to HIM as well?


No comments:

Post a Comment