Thursday, January 17, 2013

I know how you feel

Revelation 2: 9 I know your afflictions and your poverty—yet you are rich! I know about the slander of those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan.


============

My parents had given me five dollars to go to the amusement park. Somewhere between here and there I lost my money. I cried and cried because my possibilities of having a fun day turned out to be disastrous.

Now as I look back on this incident I find it humorous. I mean I have traveled to other countries and have seen people who wonder where their next meal is going to come from. How in the world can the poor be rich?

  • When I think I am poor I am usually blinded by my ambitions rather than GOD’s blessings.
  • When I think I am afflicted I am focused on the ailment or the wound rather than GOD’s sovereignty.
  • When I think I am finished I have given up too quickly because my faith in GOD has waned.


There are some situations that are more difficult than others but each time I look back on them I realize GOD was there watching over me. I can’t lie and say I felt this way during the trial, but after I have gone through it I felt stronger.

  • GOD says “I know your afflictions” so HE knows when my body is sick or hurt.
  • GOD says “I know your poverty” so HE knows when I worry about finances.
  • GOD says “Yet you are rich!” so HIS view of being rich is thoroughly different than mine.


Being “rich” is having a large “bank account” of people. The more people I help, the larger my account grows. My account grows even larger when I can help others praise GOD even when I am going through a very tumultuous time. GOD says “I know” which means HE has understands the trial is difficult but HE has it in control and will not let it destroy my soul.

GOD’s plan is sovereign and full of love. Though trials appear my faith in GOD grows.

  • Are you facing a trial?
  • Are you feeling nervous about your finances?
  • Do you believe GOD knows what you are going through?
  • Can you stop listening to what “they” are saying about you and focus on how GOD made you perfect for HIS purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment