Tuesday, January 8, 2013

I know that I know that I know

1 John 5: 13 I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life. 14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.
15 And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of him.

============

“GOD please wake me up at 5:00 A.M.” I was told to say as an exercise in faith. I woke at 7:00 A.M. “Heal my eyes” I said with hopes of a self-claimed miracle. I still wear glasses to this day. “Please let my fantasy football team win” I lost. I could have used the cash to buy new golf clubs. I wonder if GOD is even listening to me.

·         Sometimes I wonder if GOD is even listening to me.
·         There are times when I doubt HE even cares because it seems like HIS answer is always “no.”
·         Sometimes I think I shouldn’t even pray because it seems like I’m wrong anyway.

My doubt in prayer leads to doubt in GOD.  It’s like a self-fulfilling prophecy of doom when I say to GOD “YOU wouldn’t want to give me what I want, would YOU?” After doubting my prayer then I walk away doubting my relationship with GOD. Then the thought popped in my head, “I wonder if there is a GOD?”

·         GOD says to me “Believe and I will forgive” and HE has never let me down.
·         GOD says to me “I love you and have a great plan for you” and HE has never steered me wrong.
·         GOD says to me “Have a little faith and I will show you MY unfailing, unchanging faith” and I have seen HIS greatness in action.

GOD isn’t a made up being for my amusement and sanity, rather HE is the creator who loves me and guides me daily. I can ask HIM whatever I want that is in alignment with HIS will and HE will provide it abundantly. I have learned to ask HIM “What do YOU want me to have” before asking for my item.

I now know that GOD loves me dearly and HIS answer is usually “yes” but it may be in a form I wasn’t anticipating.

·         Do you believe you will have eternal life through belief in JESUS being GOD and dying for your sins?
·         Do you believe GOD will answer your prayers?
·         Can you start seeking HIS will by asking HIM “is this what YOU want for me?”

No comments:

Post a Comment