Thursday, January 24, 2013

I need to go shopping!


Revelation 3: 18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

============

“There, how does that fit?” the sales clerk asked. “Perfect” was my answer to my new tailored suit. After spending thirty minutes picking out the perfect tie I was now ready to show off my new garments. After wearing the suit twice I noticed a thread coming loose. Even worse I had a snag in my new silk tie. The suit looked old and I hadn't worn it much. I better find a new place to shop!

  • Castles, cars and coins rust and deteriorate yet I still crave them.
  • Clothes, caps and capes show others I’m successful but they cannot hide my sin from GOD.
  • Cruises, champagne, and concierge made me feel special but blinded me to the hurt that was all around me.


Many say “there is nothing wrong with having stuff as long as stuff doesn't have you.” But I find it difficult to have stuff and not let the stuff have me. I mean if I purchase a car it has to be paid for and maintained, same with a house or a gadget.

Also, I did convince myself I deserved a first class vacation because of my neglect to my family by working all the time. When something went wrong I didn't have the words of CHRIST rather I threatened to take my “money” elsewhere. I wonder if I was blind.

  • GOD says “buy from ME gold refined in the fire” because it is free of impurities and reflects HIS very nature, this way my wealth is in people not items that can break.
  • GOD says “buy white clothes from me” which is the garment of confession, truth, wisdom and purity all of which HE uses to cleanse my unrighteousness.
  • GOD says “buy slave to put on your eyes, so you can see” this way I will no longer be blind to how my sin is hurting me and others and I won’t pass by someone in need.


GOD wants me to visit HIS store instead of lusting over the things of this world. I haven’t figured out a way to not let “things have me” but I do realize focusing on GOD brings me legitimate wealth.

  • Are you struggling to keep your stuff?
  • Do you find yourself wanting more stuff or the latest gadget or the best garments?
  • Can you let go of the stuff for a moment and help someone?
  • Won’t you seek GOD’s heart and be wealthy HIS way?

No comments:

Post a Comment