Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Persevere – Keep Going – Don’t Stop!



Revelation 2: 2 I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked people, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false. 3 You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary.

============

Challenges seemed to be easy for me years ago.  I once stayed at work for 36 hours straight to meet a deadline. Now it seems like challenges want to get the best of me.  I entered a marathon and it seemed like every practice run, no matter how short, was a chance to give up.

I also run a small business and there are days when the challenges mount and I want to give up. Is there any way to remain fueled?

  • When a challenge gets put in front of me then it seems like more challenges pile on.
  • When an obstacle gets put in my way it seems like my plans fall apart.
  • When a situation occurs it seems like GOD doesn't care and HE is only concerned with the after-life, not “my life.”


GOD knew this life would be challenging for me before HE made the world.  HE knew I would need salvation yet HE created me anyway. Please don’t misunderstand, GOD is pure love and wants the best for me and HE also knows this life is going to be difficult.

  • When mankind sinned, GOD cursed the Earth, space and everything I can see or touch.
  • When mankind sinned, it broke my relationship with GOD and now I need a savior.
  • When mankind sinned, it made life difficult and many times I want to give up.


BUT GOD knows my deeds! GOD knows how difficult this life can be and HE wants me to persevere! HE says keep going, do not quit, do not spot! HE says “I know your deeds” and just knowing that HE knows fills me up. HE expects me to not grow weary because HE is my fuel.

With GOD on my side, how can I fail? HE is the source of strength for anyone who wants to keep going.

  • Are you getting tired?
  • Do you feel like giving up?
  • Won’t you stop trying under your own might and ask GOD what HE wants for you?
  • Can you pursue your dreams while including GOD?
  • Won’t you stop your complaints for a moment to see HIS blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment