Friday, January 11, 2013

See, I told you so!



Jude 1: 22 Be merciful to those who doubt

============

Sitting in front of the professor I heard the words of doom come from his lips. “Unless you write an excellent final, you will fail this course.” He then followed with these words “Why don’t you consider changing professions.”

That’s all I needed to hear! His words seemed to fuel rage and anger that drove me to outperform many in the industry. What was that professor’s name? Maybe I’ll go back to the university and gloat in his face.

  • Just because someone doubts me, doesn't mean their doubt is true.
  • Just because someone doubts me, doesn't mean I should treat them differently.
  • Just because someone doubts me, doesn't mean my abilities are broken.


There have been many situations in which I have proven people wrong about their doubts in my abilities and skills. I threw the “I told you so” in their face and gloated exponentially. What did it get me? I made an enemy rather than winning over the doubter. I wonder what went wrong.

  • GOD wants me to show mercy on people who doubt me and especially who doubt HIM.
  • GOD wants me to show grace on people who seem to be going their own way and leaving HIM.
  • GOD wants me to show love to people who are difficult to love in hopes that one day they will trade rejection of CHRIST for HIS love.


I have a tendency to distance myself from doubters. I mean they really drag me down. BUT GOD wants me to show mercy so their faith can grow and all eyes will be on HIM.

  • Do you have doubters in your life?
  • Are you moving away from doubters because you have a hint of doubt?
  • Can you show your faith without being judgmental or without gloating?
  • Won’t you show mercy to the doubters by helping them grow?

No comments:

Post a Comment