Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Why I persist

Revelation 7: 16 ‘Never again will they hunger;
never again will they thirst.
The sun will not beat down on them,’
nor any scorching heat.
17 For the Lamb at the center of the throne
will be their shepherd;
‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’
‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’”

============

I have to admit, I absolutely love the promises of GOD.  Since I have built in self-preservation, I wonder about where my meals will come from and will I remain sheltered.  Even when I stock pile cash for retirement, it’s all for eating and living comfortably.

  • GOD promises I will never have to worry about being hungry.
  • GOD promises I will never have to worry about being thirsty.
  • GOD promises I will never have to worry about shelter from the elements.
  • GOD promises I will never have to worry and HE will wipe every tear from my eyes.


I love these promises and I live for these promises. CHRIST does not build HIS kingdom here on Earth; rather HIS kingdom is in Heaven and will be inhabited by those who remain faithful to the belief in the SON.

Eating, drinking and living in shelter only bring temporary satisfaction and I will worry about them tomorrow, but GOD’s kingdom is eternal and I will never have to worry again.  This is where I place my faith and why I persist.

  • Are you focused only on today?
  • Do you believe GOD is concerned about you here on Earth as well as eternally?
  • Can you split your focus on today as well as helping to build GOD’s kingdom by telling others about the gift the SON gave us?

No comments:

Post a Comment