Thursday, February 21, 2013

Am I special?


Genesis 1: 27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

-------

31 God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening, and there was morning—the sixth day.

============

Sitting on the bus I noticed some girls staring in my direction. As I observed a little closer I noticed they were looking past me staring at my friend. “Why didn’t I have a pretty face?” Then I started noticing other people doing better in other things. Why are they better or stronger or smarter? I didn’t feel like I was made in GOD’s image.

  • When I see myself as a mess I’m not seeing how GOD made me.
  • When I see myself as a problem I’m not seeing how GOD made me.
  • When I see myself as useless I’m not seeing how GOD made me.


I have complained to GOD in the past.  “Why did you make me this way?” as if I had a better idea of how HE should have made me. It basically boils down to me trying to get my way and then I complain that GOD made me wrong because I’m not getting my way.

  • GOD made me the way I am and HE said it was very good.
  • GOD made me with a purpose and that purpose was good.
  • GOD made me and knows my flaws so HE rescued me through HIS SON.
 
I guess I’m a little hard on myself. If GOD thinks I’m very good the way HE made me, who am I to argue?

  • Are you feeling a little low?
  • Do you think you don’t have a purpose?
  • Can you stop looking at yourself through sinful eyes and see how GOD wants you to be seen?
  • Won’t you recognize that GOD made you special and with a purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment