Friday, February 15, 2013

Desire to be admired



Revelation 19: 9 Then the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” And he added, “These are the true words of God.”

10 At this I fell at his feet to worship him. But he said to me, “Don’t do that! I am a fellow servant with you and with your brothers and sisters who hold to the testimony of Jesus. Worship God! For it is the Spirit of prophecy who bears testimony to Jesus.”

============

Walking down the hall headed to my next meeting I had a trail of people asking me questions. In my mind I had arrived. When I left the company I no longer had anyone asking me questions. In fact people were looking at me like I was a problem. I really desired to have people seeking my advice. Then I thought “maybe if I become a title then people will admire me again.”

  • Many times I do things to point at me.
  • Many times I do things to get noticed.
  • Many times I do things to grab all the attention.


It feels good to be admired or sought after but it shouldn’t go to my head. I mean I should focus my attention on getting people to the “right place.”

  • JESUS is the being I need to point people to.
  • JESUS is the answer to other peoples’ problems.
  • JESUS is the only being who deserves to be idolized and worshipped.


Great humans come and go. People I admire fall to sin just like the next person. JESUS never sinned, yet took my punishment. Now that’s a person to admire!

  • Do you desire attention?
  • Are you constantly having people focus on you rather than on GOD?
  • Do you develop causes to keep people focused on you or your crowd?
  • Can you give up some of the attention and let GOD do HIS thing?


No comments:

Post a Comment