Friday, February 22, 2013

Even GOD rested



Genesis 2:By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work.Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

============

Three O’clock in the morning and I was wide awake.  I may as well do some more work I thought to myself.  I am awake anyway. I finished answering some e-mail messages and went back to bed for a couple of hours. The next day the same thing happened and the next and the next.

Soon a week had passed and I never stopped working. Day and night I persisted. I was getting exhausted and I had not communicated with the LORD very much.

  • When I get caught up with work I sometimes forget to rest.
  • When I get focused on accomplishing what I want I sometimes lose focus on what is around me.
  • When I get my mind wrapped around achieving my goals I sometimes forget GOD has a purpose for me.


GOD made me for HIS purpose and I forget that quite often.  I get a desire in my mind and when GOD says “No” I don’t just accept it.  I keep persisting until I get my way or at least I think I will get my way.  Soon I find myself losing sleep and working harder than ever only to come back to GOD and asking HIS favor. Is there a better way? YES!

  • GOD wants me to rest instead of persist.
  • GOD wants me to let things go instead of holding onto them tightly.
  • GOD wants me to take some time to focus on HIM rather than worrying, doubting and fearing.


When I stop for a moment and give GOD some time HE blesses me thoroughly with peace. I can’t understand where it comes from but HE gives it to me and I can think clearly. Now I actually look forward to my time with HIM.  HE calms me down and suggests next steps through my prayer and reading of HIS words.

The best thing for my worries, fears and doubt is to stand still and know GOD’s power.

  • Are you worried about something?
  • Are you working hard to keep your stuff?
  • Have you tried stopping and sitting still for a moment so you can hear GOD?
  • Won’t you increase your time with HIM so HE can communicate with you?

No comments:

Post a Comment