Monday, February 18, 2013

Have I done anything for GOD?



Revelation 20: 11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.

============

Lying about my grades seemed to be a good idea at the time.  It was the only way to get into the program so I simply told them I had the grades. I figured that they would want me, not my grades. I didn’t know they would ask for my transcripts. All my mistakes had been recorded and the truth was documented. Now I had to face the consequences of not performing well and lying!

  • Everything I do is being recorded.
  • Every word I say is being written down.
  • Every thought I think is being captured.


Here is my confusion.  You would think salvation is the goal and those who believe would not be judged, but clearly that is not the case. Somehow I will be judged for every action I have ever done.  Unlike the “scales of justice” where every sin is balanced by a good deed GOD will still do something with my sins.

Fortunately for me, JESUS took my eternal consequence away from me and will wipe away my tears. My actions that I thought were for HIM will be judged and probably found that they were for me instead. The actions that I thought were useless will probably be the ones where GOD says I was truly on the mark.

Whatever the case GOD wants me to have a life that is full of HIM.

  • GOD wants me to serve those in need right now even if it is not the perfect time to serve.
  • GOD wants me to be there for HIS people to help in their hurt not add to it.
  • GOD wants me to recognize that every human has a chance to believe in HIM so my pursuit should include them even if my belief is different than theirs.


My recorded actions should include compassion, love, kindness, mercy, sacrifice and generosity. Sometimes I will get it right.

  • Are you doing things for you or GOD?
  • Is your service to GOD used for cleaning up your sins or for love for others?
  • Are you better than “those people over there” or are you focused on listening to GOD?
  • Do you truly have compassion or is it a façade?

No comments:

Post a Comment