Thursday, February 14, 2013

I thought I wanted toys



Revelation 18:Then I heard another voice calling from heaven,
“Come away from her, my people.
    Do not take part in her sins,
    or you will be punished with her.


============

“Finally I got a new car” I thought to myself.  It was my first brand new car and I cherished it.  I drove around a couple of hours just to be in it.  Once a speck of dirt touched it, I immediately washed it. One morning I saw the dew glisten all over the car with the exception of one window.

As I got closer I noticed my car had been broken into and all my music had been stolen. My car was never the same. Next time I’ll get a better car and I’ll have a garage and an alarm system!

  • My stuff brings worries about my stuff.
  • My toys are fun to play with until I get tired or my toys.
  • My things seem to never last and I have to go out and get more things.


I’ve had some expensive things and some cheap things and they only made me lust for more things.  In fact, I found myself willing to do almost anything to keep my things or to get more things.  GOD says different.

  • GOD doesn’t mind if I have things, but HE wants to be the focus in my life.
  • GOD sometimes blesses me with things and HE blesses me by taking things away from me.
  • GOD allows me to choose between HIM and things.


It’s very difficult to just give “stuff” up.  I mean I have to live don’t I? Yes, but things come and go and I must release them as GOD sees fit. No longer will I do almost anything for things.  My focus should be on seeking GOD’s kingdom and things here on earth and in heaven will be given to me but not in a greedy selfish way.

  • Are you stuck on getting the latest thing?
  • Are you sad because you can’t get more things?
  • Won’t you step away from your things for a moment and focus on GOD?
  • Can you give up some of your things as a sacrifice to the LORD?

No comments:

Post a Comment