Monday, February 4, 2013

The GOOD NEWS and the bad news



Revelation 10: 10 I took the little scroll from the angel’s hand and ate it. It tasted as sweet as honey in my mouth, but when I had eaten it, my stomach turned sour. 11 Then I was told, “You must prophesy again about many peoples, nations, languages and kings.”

============

Nervously I stood and walked down the aisle of our church.  Something moved me to get up and accept what was being said about CHRIST. What a sweet moment! Little did I know, the message of CHRIST wouldn’t always be an easy one to swallow.

  • The GOOD NEWS is CHRIST died for me and everyone; the bad news is not everyone will accept HIM.
  • The GOOD NEWS is CHRIST paid the penalty of my sin and anyone who believes; the bad news is many who say they believe have not truly put JESUS above all.
  • The GOOD NEWS is CHRIST made salvation available to me and anyone else; the bad news is people will try to force their way into heaven by doing good, acting religious or trying to avoid sin.


Heaven is truly a remarkable place that I look forward to seeing those who have died before me but the reality is, I will not see everyone I thought I would see. Quite frankly there will be some who will be surprised to see me in heaven!

  • GOD wants me to spread the GREAT NEWS about HIS SON to all people.
  • GOD wants me to spread the GREAT NEWS about HIS SON to every nation.
  • GOD wants me to spread the GREAT NEWS about HIS SON to kings of many languages.


The bad news is there will be opposition to HIS message. There will be many obstacles to my belief and temptations to pull away from GOD. Sin will look easier than serving. BUT GOD’s will, will be done!

  • Are you following GOD’s way or your own way?
  • Do you believe you can be good enough to get in heaven or has JESUS died for your sins?
  • Is your lifestyle pleasing to GOD or can you ask HIM to help you change it?
  • Won’t you seek HIS face today?

No comments:

Post a Comment