Monday, March 18, 2013

Being indecisive hurts me



Genesis 19: 15 With the coming of dawn, the angels urged Lot, saying, “Hurry! Take your wife and your two daughters who are here, or you will be swept away when the city is punished.”

16 When he hesitated, the men grasped his hand and the hands of his wife and of his two daughters and led them safely out of the city, for the Lord was merciful to them.

============

In the distance I could see the green light.  “I wonder if I can make it” I thought to myself. Another thought popped in my head “No I can’t make it” unfortunately the second thought came a little too late for my raggedy car that would lung forward upon braking too hard. A third thought popped in my mind that said “Go!”

My hesitation caused the driver in the intersection to turn left in front of me and we had a head on collision.

Being indecisive about doing right makes me hesitate.
Being conflicted about moving forward makes me double-minded.
Being uncertain about going in a direction makes me question my faith.

Even when dire situations were presented I froze or made a decision that in retrospect could have been better. I sometimes wonder how I am alive. I wonder if I am being watched over.

GOD grabs my hand when I am about to go off HIS path.
GOD leads me in the path of righteousness when I want to drift from HIS way.
GOD protects me from HIS wrath even though I deserve HIS wrath.
GOD grants HIS mercy on me even though I do not deserve it.

When I hesitate to follow GOD it seems like I collide with life. I mean when my decisions don’t include HIS permission, I run into obstacles that perhaps HE puts in my way. GOD wants me to have faith in HIM and HIS plan. HE will provide.

Are you indecisive?
Are trying to go down multiple paths and are exhausted?
Can you make up your mind by asking GOD what does HE want you to do?
Once you choose your direction can you continue to add GOD to your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment