Tuesday, March 12, 2013

GOD is with you through the tough times



Genesis 15: After this, the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision:
“Do not be afraid, Abram.
    I am your shield,
    your very great reward.

============

As I sat at my desk I calculated just how much work I had to do to get the project finished.  My boss seemed to care less about our health and well being and just wanted everything done. I actually thought this was going to be the place I was going to retire from.  I tried to look at my future but the more I looked at it the more frightened I became. What was I going to do?

  • When things look difficult I can only see problems.
  • When situations get tough I get blinded by my circumstances and I fret about the outcome.
  • When obstacles are placed in front of me I think there is no way out and I get frightened.


One problem with looking into the future is I don’t own it. In other words I have never been in the future so why do I think it is going to be as bad as my mind is making it.  Looking back on the many times I have been scared about situations I realize GOD brought me through them and made me a bit stronger.

  • GOD said “Do not be afraid” for HE alone holds the future.
  • GOD said “I am your shield” so anything that will harm my soul will be guarded by HIM.
  • GOD said “I am your great reward” so instead of thinking of the solution to my circumstance I should be thinking about how GOD is using this to grow me.


Life has its difficult moments and GOD knows I will be frightened about the future BUT HE wants me to focus on HIM rather than the circumstance to grow me and mature me in areas HE knows I need to grow.

  • Are you going through something?
  • Do you believe you need to grow?
  • Can you understand that GOD knows you and loves you deeply?
  • Won’t you let go of your fears and allow GOD to grow you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment