Thursday, March 21, 2013

GOD will provide



Genesis 22: 10 Then he reached out his hand and took the knife to slay his son. 11 But the angel of the Lord called out to him from heaven, “Abraham! Abraham!”
“Here I am,” he replied.

12 “Do not lay a hand on the boy,” he said. “Do not do anything to him. Now I know that you fear God, because you have not withheld from me your son, your only son.”

13 Abraham looked up and there in a thicket he saw a ram caught by its horns. He went over and took the ram and sacrificed it as a burnt offering instead of his son. 14 So Abraham called that place The Lord Will Provide. And to this day it is said, “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”

============

Shuffling through a pile of bills I felt a sense of accomplishment as I paid a little extra on some bills to get ahead. I even had a little surplus so I felt I was on my way.  Then the phone rang.  “We need a new home, appliances and furniture for this person, how can you help?” My first thought was “Let’s buy the cheapest stuff possible then I won’t be that far in the hole.”

Then that feeling came over me “Do exactly what you would want someone to do to you.” I bought the better appliances and went in the hole for a while. A couple of months later I got a raise for more than the amount I owed.

  • When I look at things through unfaithful eyes I can only see bad things happening.
  • When I view the future through crooked lenses I can only see a dismal end.
  • When I scan the horizon through my broken filter I can only see a land of doubt and fear.


Money is where GOD and I disagree. I think I should have a pile of it and HE feels I don’t need much.  Why do I feel this way? Because whenever I seem to have a pile of cash, something comes along to nip at the pile until the pile is gone. Stuff breaks, gets stolen or lost. But GOD has an answer.

  • GOD wants me to fear HIM instead of fearing losing my cash.
  • GOD wants me to sacrifice for HIM instead of doing anything for money.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE will provide no matter how dark things may seem.


I may not understand the trials GOD allows in my life but I do know HE has strengthened me through each one and HE has provided every step of the way.

  • Are you full of fear?
  • Do you think GOD has given up on you because you are down a few dollars?
  • Can you realize that GOD may be strengthening your faith in HIM by getting rid of your fear?
  • Won’t you face your fear today and allow GOD to grow you?

No comments:

Post a Comment