Thursday, March 14, 2013

It takes faith to get ahead



Genesis 17: When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to him and said, “I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless. Then I will make my covenant between me and you and will greatly increase your numbers.”

============

Bad news just seemed to find its way to me one year.  It seemed like a blues or country western sad song where everything happened and I felt all alone. I can’t say that I was acting the way GOD wanted me to so I decided to try HIM out. For the first time in years I went to church and the message seemed to be directed at me.

I surveyed my problems after my church experience and do you know what? My problems seemed to double. Wait, I thought going to church would fix my problems. I wondered if I should continue following GOD back then.

  • When I face difficult circumstances I want them fixed immediately or I start doubting GOD.
  • When I face adversity in my life I want things to change or I start getting mad at GOD.
  • When I face hardship I just want relief or I start blaming GOD for my condition.


GOD wants me to have unyielding faith through impossible circumstances.  At ninety-nine GOD said Abraham would be a father and his ministry was just beginning. GOD sees the beginning and end of my life and builds a plan for me that only I can execute.

  • GOD says walk before ME faithfully and be blameless because MY SON has taken the blame.
  • GOD says I am GOD almighty, with ME nothing is impossible.
  • GOD says I will make my covenant between ME and you and HE developed a plan just for me.


When GOD makes a promise no one can stop it. HE has already poured out HIS blessings on me in spite of me.

  • Are you in a difficult situation that seems like there is no way out?
  • Does the future seem a little murky?
  • Can you hear GOD’s message to you that HE loves you dearly?
  • Won’t you believe HE can and will fix your situation, HIS way in HIS time?

No comments:

Post a Comment