Wednesday, March 13, 2013

The ONE who sees me

Genesis 16: 13 She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her: “You are the God who sees me,” for she said, “I have now seen the One who sees me.”

============

Excited about the position, I followed up with the recruiter.  I had been through three rounds of interviewing and my buddy said if I made it past the second round I would be a shoe in. “We would like to present an offer BUT…” the only word I heard was “offer.” 

As she kept talking I came to my senses and realized they were not going to extend an offer to me or anyone else.  For the first time in their history this very large nameless computer company went on a hiring freeze. I was furious! LORD, am I stuck in this town?

  • Sometimes I think GOD isn’t listening to me.
  • Sometimes I think GOD isn’t watching me.
  • Sometimes I think GOD doesn’t care.


From situation to situation I looked at GOD like HE was the problem.  Whether it was an untimely speeding ticket or a lost valuable item or a physical pain that would not subside I looked at GOD and asked “why me?” I wonder if it was because I was looking at the wrong thing.

  • GOD helps me see HIM when I stop looking at the situation.
  • GOD helps me see HIM when I stop fretting and start believing.
  • GOD helps me see HIM when I stop thinking HE can’t fix this situation.


GOD has a deep unadulterated love for me that I cannot understand. HE disciplines me much softer than HIS outpouring of love on me. HE hears me when I sincerely cry out and sees me all the time. GOD never leaves me nor does HE forsake me.

  • Do you feel alone even though people are around you?
  • Do you think you are being punished for some sin?
  • Are you feeling a bit lost in your direction?
  • Won’t you take a moment to look at what GOD “is” doing in your life and praise HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment