Friday, April 26, 2013

GOD’s plan may include a journey



Genesis 46:And God spoke to Israel in a vision at night and said, “Jacob! Jacob!”

“Here I am,” he replied.

“I am God, the God of your father,” he said. “Do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for I will make you into a great nation there. I will go down to Egypt with you, and I will surely bring you back again. And Joseph’s own hand will close your eyes.”

============

“Is there someone who will go with me?” was the question posed to me that changed my life completely.  I had never been out of the country before and my thinking at that time was “why would I?” I mean we have nice beaches, mountains, scenery and sinners.  If I wanted to tell someone about CHRIST or vacation I could do it here!

I don’t know why, but I found myself getting up and volunteering. After the exhilarated feeling, fear consumed me. We were going to go to a country in Africa and all I could picture was dirty water and dirt sandwiches for dinner. I am glad I was thoroughly wrong as I went on the trip twenty years ago!

  • The reason I don’t “go” is out of my fear and self-preservation.
  • The reason I don’t “go” is because I may not be informed.
  • The reason I don’t “go” is because I love my lifestyle and I don’t want to feel uncomfortable.


Not everyone is cut out for missions work but it truly has opened my eyes to a global gospel. Every word spoken in the Bible has to apply to all humans, not just a segment.

  • When GOD told me to “GO” HE took away my fears.
  • When GOD told me to “GO” HE opened my eyes to global compassion.
  • When GOD told me to “GO” HE already had a plan for my protection.


I’m not saying everything went according to plan on all my trips, but HE has enabled me to meet people who will spread HIS message around the world and I truly feel blessed.

  • Are you stuck in a rut?
  • Is your life confined to the four walls of your home or job?
  • Can you listen to GOD and see where HE is sending you?

No comments:

Post a Comment