Friday, April 19, 2013

I can’t take credit for my abilities



Genesis 41: 15 Pharaoh said to Joseph, “I had a dream, and no one can interpret it. But I have heard it said of you that when you hear a dream you can interpret it.”

16 “I cannot do it,” Joseph replied to Pharaoh, “but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires.”

============

Don’t ask me why I did this but I prayed that I would be successful in my career. I had stopped praying or it was seldom and now I was out in the real world. Amazing things happened over the years and I saw GOD working.

Then I started taking credit for my abilities. “I deserve that promotion!” I thought to myself. “Maybe I should quit and show them they can’t function without me!”

When I think I did something on my own I get arrogant.
When I think my abilities are from my hard work I become blind.
When I think I have talent that is superior I am highly mistaken.

I love the term Joseph used “I cannot do it, BUT GOD will…” Joseph recognized his limitations and acknowledged GOD’s power. He had no expectations of GOD rather he pointed his faith toward HIS power.

When I give GOD credit for giving me talent, I use them for HIS purposes.
When I give GOD credit for making me who I am then I will be thankful for where HE takes me.
When I give GOD credit for my abilities then I won’t squander them.

I cannot do anything without GOD.  HE is my power and my guide. No plan will prosper without HIS blessing.

Do you think you acquired your talent on your own?
Do you believe you have raw talent?
Can you recognize where your talents come from?
Won’t you give GOD credit for blessing you with abilities that you alone possess for HIS purpose?

No comments:

Post a Comment