Thursday, April 11, 2013

Make GOD number ONE

Genesis 34:So Jacob said to his household and to all who were with him, “Get rid of the foreign gods you have with you, and purify yourselves and change your clothes. Then come, let us go up to Bethel, where I will build an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been with me wherever I have gone.” 


============

Productivity was extremely low around the company as the impending message of doom was going to be announced at the company.  It was early in my career so I felt a little confident but that confidence waned as the week went on.  I had worked so hard, were they going to cut me? I began to pray.

I received a call asking me to move to another city with the company. GOD had answered my prayers. “Well I guess I better put the company first” I thought to myself.

  • Many times I have made work my idol.
  • Many times I have made money a false god of “security.”
  • Many times I have made cars and other toys things to cherish.


I have treated some of the material things better than humans pushing thousands of dollars into them just to maintain them.  I have also treated jobs like they were a god, dedicating more time to it than GOD HIMSELF. What does GOD want from me?

  • GOD wants me to make HIM the number one GOD.
  • GOD does not want any human or job to be worshipped more than HIM.
  • GOD does not want my house, car, money, clothing, jewelry or any other material thing to be worshipped more than HIM.


If anything or anyone gets in the way of worshipping HIM it will soon become a problem. Worry, fear and doubt will permeate my being and that is not what HE wants. GOD wants me to have peace. Anything or anyone that destroys my peace has been placed higher than HIM. GOD says look at ME and you will have peace.

  • Are you worried about something?
  • Are you thinking about someone and get filled with fear and doubt?
  • Won’t you place your faith in GOD, knowing HE has control of every situation?
  • Can you accept your purpose with HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment