Monday, April 22, 2013

Punished or Blessed?



Genesis 47: 21 They said to one another, “Surely we are being punished because of our brother. We saw how distressed he was when he pleaded with us for his life, but we would not listen; that’s why this distress has come on us.”

22 Reuben replied, “Didn’t I tell you not to sin against the boy? But you wouldn’t listen! Now we must give an accounting for his blood.” 23 They did not realize that Joseph could understand them, since he was using an interpreter.

============

“We are eliminating your position” were the devastating words that seemed to rip my soul apart. I had never heard these words, so I had to replay segments of my work history during my sleepless nights. I tried to think about sins I may have fallen into that made GOD so mad that HE would rip my job out of my hands.

Maybe it was the time I flirted with a person a decade before or maybe I was getting too arrogant in my status or maybe it was my lack of giving. Any way it goes I must be getting punished for something.  Maybe I need to quit sinning all together!

  • When things go wrong I sometimes think I’m being punished.
  • When difficult situations appear I ask “why me” in hopes that things would change.
  • When I face adversity in life I immediately think I am being punished, otherwise I would be getting “my way.”


It’s quite amazing how negative I think GOD is sometimes.  I mean when things go wrong I see HIM as this judgmental, goody, goody being who doesn’t understand just how hard it is to follow HIS ways. When things go right I praise HIM. Well… maybe sometimes I praise HIM when I’m not taking credit.

  • GOD wants me to see HIS plan no matter how tragic things seem.
  • GOD wants me to recognize HIS masterful work in spite of the gloomy hour.
  • GOD wants me to acknowledge HIS HOLY SPIRIT to get me through the miry decisions.


GOD does not want me to rely on my intellect rather HE wants me point people to HIM in spite of what is going on.

  • Do you have difficulty in your life?
  • Do you think there is no way out?
  • Can you rely on GOD to bring you out of your situation?
  • Didn’t you believe that GOD could do anything at one time?

No comments:

Post a Comment