Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Time to “Break Out!”



Genesis 38: 27 When the time came for her to give birth, there were twin boys in her womb. 28 As she was giving birth, one of them put out his hand; so the midwife took a scarlet thread and tied it on his wrist and said, “This one came out first.”29 But when he drew back his hand, his brother came out, and she said, “So this is how you have broken out!” And he was named Perez.

============

Sitting at my desk I broke out a book trying to teach myself the skill I was hired for.  Sneers of disappointment came from my supervisor as I fumbled my assignments. I spent hours teaching myself skills. Soon I learned more than my boss, in fact I learned more than most in the department. It took some time but it was finally my time to “break out!”

  • It takes perseverance to get to the point of breaking out.
  • It takes steadfast drive to get to the point of breaking out.
  • It takes determination to get to the point of breaking out.


Perez literally means “Breaking out!” He was determined to be first and his determination gave him a will to succeed. What about obstacles in life? Won’t they cause me to stumble and possibly fail? Yes, but obstacles don’t mean I should give up, it means persevere with GOD.

  • When I’m on the same side with GOD, I cannot fail.
  • When I include GOD in my plans, I cannot fail.
  • When I ask GOD “what do YOU want me to do” I cannot fail.


GOD is the only one who can make plans succeed.  HE gives me strength to keep my drive. He gives me faith to keep my determination. HE gives me protection to keep moving ahead.

  • Are you facing obstacles?
  • Have you written your obstacles down and asked GOD about them?
  • Can you persevere to reach the point where you will break out?
  • Won’t you let GOD continue to prepare you for the greatness HE has for you?



No comments:

Post a Comment