Tuesday, April 9, 2013

What is stolen will be replaced



Genesis 33: 8 Esau asked, “What’s the meaning of all these flocks and herds I met?”

“To find favor in your eyes, my lord,” he said.

9 But Esau said, “I already have plenty, my brother. Keep what you have for yourself.”

============

After a very long week of unpacking, things finally looked settled in our new house.  I woke up to a very sunny day, stepped into the garage only to find the door had been left open. This was a very rare occurrence so I surveyed my belongings and noticed several items missing, one of which was a tool box.

About a year later I helped our office move. The administrative assistant said, “Here is a tool box that we no longer use, do you want it?” It had more tools in it than the one stolen from me.

  • When something gets stolen from me I pout like it will never be replaced.
  • When something gets pilfered I get upset because I think I can’t ever get another one.
  • When something gets taken I think the sneaky will always win and I will be a wimpy victim.


Jacob stole Esau’s birthright, blessing and place with their father. When GOD told Jacob to return he did it with a bribe because that’s all he could see. Esau, who had everything taken from him, was restored fully even to the point where his coffers were bursting at the seams.

  • When stuff gets taken it is only stuff and I should thank GOD for the moment I had it.
  • When items get lost, broken or stolen I should thank GOD for the time I had with it.
  • When things get taken it may be the removal of a distraction away from GOD.


I’m not saying I like things to be taken away from me, what I’m saying is GOD gives and GOD takes away and it’s up to HIM to replace what is stolen. Each time I have been robbed, I got something better.

  • Has something valuable to you been taken?
  • Has someone cheated you out of something?
  • Can you pray for that person to meet GOD?
  • Won’t you let GOD deal with the missing items and pay attention to HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment