Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Faith plus actions wins the battle


Exodus 17: 10 So Joshua fought the Amalekites as Moses had ordered, and Moses, Aaron and Hur went to the top of the hill. 11 As long as Moses held up his hands, the Israelites were winning, but whenever he lowered his hands, the Amalekites were winning. 

12 When Moses’ hands grew tired, they took a stone and put it under him and he sat on it. Aaron and Hur held his hands up—one on one side, one on the other—so that his hands remained steady till sunset. 13 So Joshua overcame the Amalekite army with the sword.

============

School seemed like it took forever to complete! It took a lot of painful nights and prayer. Paying off bills seemed to take forever. It took a lot of discipline and prayer. Training for a marathon seemed tedious and time consuming. It took a lot of perseverance and prayer. Why couldn’t GOD just give me the knowledge, money and strength to do what I want to do?

  • I want qualities that I may not be ready for.
  • I want results without the pain of having my character shaped.
  • I want easy living without troubles that may strengthen me.


GOD could have wiped out the army that fought against Israel but HE allowed HIS people to fight and show faith while fighting. GOD used Moses the strength in Moses arms as a gauge for whether they were winning or losing the battle. Meanwhile the soldiers had to actually fight for their lives. Many were wounded but they won the battle.

  • GOD strengthens me through trials.
  • GOD provides for me through work HE has given me..
  • GOD grows me through studying HIS Bible and serving HIS people.


Each trial grows me for GOD’s purpose. As much as I despise the training I love the result!

  • Are you going through a battle?
  • Do you feel you have to fight for everything right now?
  • Can you accept the painful process of GOD growing you?
  • Can you take notice of the changes GOD is making in your life for HIS purpose?


No comments:

Post a Comment