Tuesday, May 21, 2013

GOD forgives

Exodus 12: 22 Take a bunch of hyssop, dip it into the blood in the basin and put some of the blood on the top and on both sides of the doorframe. None of you shall go out of the door of your house until morning.

23 When the Lord goes through the land to strike down the Egyptians, he will see the blood on the top and sides of the doorframe and will pass over that doorway, and he will not permit the destroyer to enter your houses and strike you down.

============

Sometimes I forget that JESUS forgives me.  I mean it’s very clear that HE can’t stand sin and has some very clear rules that I have ignored. Should I run out and buy some livestock and figure out how to build an alter to sacrifice a lamb to be forgiven? Should I ignore HIS rules completely and do what I want?

  • GOD told the Israelites to stay inside because HIS judgment was imminent.
  • GOD gave specific rules for the Israelites to follow so they would remain safe from HIS judgment.
  • GOD used a symbol of belief as the method of restraining HIS judgment.


I actually believe this was JESUS walking through the land.  Prior to HIS death burial and resurrection I believe HE told the Israelites to use the blood of an unblemished lamb to symbolize the death HE would go through for all of mankind.

  • JESUS committed no sin and remained unblemished by sin.
  • JESUS was murdered by people who attend church regularly and knew the Bible very well.
  • JESUS left the cross as a symbol to everyone who believes in HIM, they can receive everlasting life.
  • JESUS will allow people to not believe in HIM and to accept HIS judgment.


Accepting what JESUS did enables me to have eternal life. HE doesn’t want me to be part of an exclusionary club rather HE wants me to tell people about this great news! HE wants people to know HE forgives!

  • Are you in the middle of a lifestyle that seems hard to stop?
  • Are you battling with fear, sexuality outside of GOD’s structure, substance abuse, hatred, lust for power or something else?
  • Can you stop trying to cure sin for a moment and look to JESUS who has already cured sin?
  • Won’t you stop trying to look at your own power and look at HIS?

No comments:

Post a Comment