Friday, May 24, 2013

Praising GOD is worth it



Exodus 15:
“The Lord is my strength and my defense;
    he has become my salvation.
He is my God, and I will praise him,
    my father’s God, and I will exalt him.
The Lord is a warrior;
    the Lord is his name.

============

Suitcases filled the car and we were on our way. Vacation was finally here and the drive was part of the fun. About an hour or so into the drive a very strange light appeared on the dashboard that could not be ignored. Soon after, the vehicle began to slow to a crawl. I move over to the shoulder and we called around trying to find the nearest dealer we could be towed to.

Three Thousand Six Hundred was the quote for a new transmission, but the service manager dug a little deeper and saw our impeccable maintenance history. He said “you don’t have to pay anything.” We sung a wonderful song!

  • Sometimes I have to go through the pain in order to sing praise to GOD.
  • Sometimes I have to go through problems in order to praise GOD.
  • Sometimes I have to have trouble in my life in order to praise GOD.


I actually should praise HIM before HE delivers me from my trouble. HE has delivered me over and over again so I should look forward to watching HIS might unfurl before me. Praising GOD doesn’t manipulate HIM into my positive outcome rather it shows my allegiance to HIM in accepting HIS route.

HIS plan is best and I can praise HIM for it. I must admit, I do sing a little louder when HE does deliver me from pain!

  • Are you waiting for delivery?
  • Are you going through a difficult time?
  • Can you stop and take a moment to praise GOD right now, thanking HIM for HIS method of delivery?

No comments:

Post a Comment