Thursday, May 23, 2013

Stand Still and watch GOD work



Exodus 14: 13 Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. 14 The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

============

Technology is great when it works! Today I got up and I go through my usual routine of drinking coffee in order to pry one eye open. I sat down to check my technology security. Since I work with many technology companies, the right hand doesn’t always talk to the left. In other words my usual routine was thrown into a tizzy when I got a message “Access Denied” from my own technology.

Frantically I started making calls. As I spoke to support, they began to panic. Something within me said “calm everyone down” so I did. I got everyone to talk to each other and the problem was because of a simple change that I was not informed about. Something tiny caused a great deal of stress.

  • When problems happen I get stressed out.
  • When situations happen I start moving faster and faster trying to react before the situation gets worse.
  • When trouble happens I squirm until I get out of trouble.


Even experts will say during any emergency, stay calm and I definitely agree. Panicking blinds me and I can’t think or hear. Many times the situation can be alleviated through some simple solution but in a panicked state I dream of big solutions instead of simple. This causes me to panic more!

  • GOD says “do not be afraid” which means HE is in control.
  • GOD says “stand firm” which means HE will absorb the blow.
  • GOD says “today I will see deliverance” which says it all.
  • GOD says “HE will fight for me” which means who can beat HIM?


My feeble plans and solutions are nothing compared to the almighty GOD! HE laughs at adversity and sneers at problems. HE commands evil to step back and watch HIS deliverance. I need only to be still.

  • Are you in a panicked state?
  • Do you see no way out of your situation?
  • Can’t you depend on GOD to deliver you?
  • Won’t you put your trust in HIM instead of your plans?

No comments:

Post a Comment