Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Time to step up


Exodus 18: 19 Listen now to me and I will give you some advice, and may God be with you. You must be the people’s representative before God and bring their disputes to him. 20 Teach them his decrees and instructions, and show them the way they are to live and how they are to behave.

============

As I sat in church a thought popped in my head, actually it was a complaint. Actually it was several complaints. I had just finished another public speaking course and the guest preacher was boring! “I could do better than this guy” I thought to myself. “Why are they asking for money all the time?” “Why are those kids so bad?” “Why don’t they fix this place?” I think I’m going to go to another church!

  • I sometimes complain about what somebody else is doing.
  • I sometimes complain about the poor job other people are doing.
  • I sometimes complain about my surroundings, expecting someone else to fix it.


The main question I never asked during my complaining is “how can I help?” Let’s face it, if GOD placed the problem in front of my face then maybe HE wants me to do something about it. I wonder what I can do.

  • GOD wants me to be a representative for HIM.
  • GOD wants me to teach HIS decrees and instructions to those who will listen.
  • GOD wants me to show people how to live and behave.


Now when I attend I ask “what do YOU want me to do LORD” and HE always gives me an answer. My willingness to serve reduces my complaints significantly.

  • Are you complaining?
  • Do you see something wrong?
  • What is GOD telling you to do about it?
  • Do you realize you have a purpose that only you can do?


No comments:

Post a Comment