Friday, May 10, 2013

Will it get any harder?



Exodus 5: 22 Moses returned to the Lord and said, “Why, Lord, why have you brought trouble on this people? Is this why you sent me? 23 Ever since I went to Pharaoh to speak in your name, he has brought trouble on this people, and you have not rescued your people at all.”

============

“I think I’ll start going to church” was my decision that I finally made. It had been a long time and a lot of sins that a church had seen me. The pastor spoke, I felt good, and life was good. Weeks later someone broke in my car and stole all my music.

Around the same time I was trying to sell an old car and the transmission went out on it. Then to top it off, I had unbearable pains in my chest. Isn’t life supposed to be better now that I am serving GOD? It seems to be worse! GOD where are you?

  • When I start serving GOD I can expect opposition.
  • When I give my life to GOD I can expect things to go wrong.
  • When I pledge my allegiance to GOD I can expect retaliation from the enemy.


It seems like the moment I decide to serve GOD, things go downhill. Pressures of life, temptation to follow corruption and a desire to jump on the easy road all become obstacles to following GOD. It doesn’t get easier because few will say “It’s great that you are following GOD” rather they will exclaim “Why not do what we are doing?”

  • GOD says to me “stay the course.”
  • GOD says to me “don’t give up or give in.”
  • GOD says to me “people may doubt but I AM with you always.”


GOD’s love for me is unfailing in spite of my sins. When I turn my face to HIS, my back is turned to those who do not follow HIM. Opposition will arise but GOD’s love and power is unmatched!

  • Have you decided to follow GOD and more trouble has popped up?
  • When you said “I give my life to YOU LORD” did things start getting worse?
  • Can you still see that GOD loves you tremendously?
  • Won’t you take a moment to release the situation and praise HIM?

No comments:

Post a Comment