Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Am I building a relationship with GOD?


Exodus 33: “Go up to the land that has plenty of milk and honey. But I will not go with you. You are stubborn. I might destroy you on the way.”
When the people heard those painful words, they became sad and began to sob. No one put on any jewelry.
-------

15 Then Moses said to him, “If you don’t go with us, don’t send us up from here. 16 How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and your people? You must go with us. How else will we be different from all of the other people on the face of the earth?”

17 The Lord said to Moses, “I will do exactly what you have asked. I am pleased with you. And I know your name. I know all about you.”

=======

Work was the excuse for not going to church when I was in high school. I got off my job at 3:00AM so who would go sit and listen to a boring guy speak? In college I carried my lack of church attendance forward. I was studying… okay I wasn’t studying, but I had things to do.

I wasn’t giving, helping anyone or praying but I did have a problem with how GOD was doing things. I didn’t like how HE made money and relationships disappear. What’s the purpose with church and being a goody, goody?

  • When I complain I am trying to get my way.
  • When I ignore GOD’s ways I say to HIM I want to be on my own.
  • When I pretend to be good in order to manipulate GOD I’m fooling only myself.


GOD wants a real, honest relationship with HIM.  HE doesn’t just want sin admission, HE wants me to want to be with HIM. My heart skipped a beat when I read “GOD would not go with me because I am stubborn.” It really made me examine my motives for serving if I was serving at all.

  • GOD wants me to want to serve versus serving out of obligation.
  • GOD wants me to want to love others versus being miserable in my actions.
  • GOD wants me to want to give versus complaining I don’t have enough.


Free will means I have a choice. GOD wants me to choose HIM but will allow me to choose a different direction. HE will actually let me go on the wrong path which is scary! I thank GOD HE has decided to stay with me and not forsake me!

  • Are you being stubborn?
  • Are you building a pleasing relationship with GOD or have you decided to do it your way?
  • Can you talk to GOD about your sin and be candid and honest with HIM so HE can work it all out?


No comments:

Post a Comment