Thursday, June 27, 2013

Am I setting myself apart for GOD?

Exodus 39: 30 They made the plate out of pure gold. It was a sacred crown. They carved words on it as if it were a seal. They carved the words set apart for the Lord. 

============

Scantily clad women walked around trying to get noticed and I wanted to join in. After lifting weights in my local gym, I adorned myself with tiny shorts and a ripped up shirt that I made myself. I mean, store bought shirts couldn’t accentuate my muscles enough.

  • Self is difficult to dodge.
  • Self usually wants to be noticed or rewarded now.
  • Self points everyone to my efforts in a passive or overt way.


Usually when I want to be noticed, it isn’t going to end up in a positive way. Yes I may get a pat on the back, which isn’t bad, but sometimes I may fall into something I shouldn’t. I wonder if all the attention I seek is positive.

  • GOD says “Be holy because I am holy” which means I will fail but HIS holiness makes me holy.
  • GOD says “Set yourself apart” which means I still have to live with people and not exclude.
  • GOD says “I will know MY people” which means HE has placed HIS seal of approval on me.


I have to realize that I am HIS.  This is hard to do when I’m blaming HIM for situations or trouble. I also have to realize “that” person belongs to HIM as well so I have to treat them like it. Being “Set Apart” means living with the purpose of GOD each day. The more I can let go of self the better I am. I will not always get this right but I’m on my way!

  • Are you trying to get noticed?
  • Do you use overt or passive aggressive ways to get noticed?
  • Can you focus some of that attention on GOD?
  • Won’t you point someone to CHRIST instead of pointing them to your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment