Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Am I shining my light?


Exodus 27: 20 “Command the people of Israel to bring you clear oil that is made from pressed olives. Use it to keep the lamps burning and giving light.

21 “Aaron and his sons must keep the lamps burning in the Tent of Meeting. The lamps will be outside the curtain that is in front of the tablets of the covenant. The lamps must be kept burning in my sight from evening until morning. That is a law for the people of Israel that will last for all time to come.

============

“What’s the purpose of serving” I said to myself in a moment of tantrum. I mean GOD doesn’t seem to listen to me anyway. Why do I have to do all this stuff? Maybe I’ll stop serving and then I will get my way.

This came after being rejected for a job that I really wanted. It was going to be my way to move back to the city where I grew up. People saw me pouting and avoided me.

  • When I am down because I am not getting what I want I hide my light.
  • When I am angry because of what someone else is doing I hide my light.
  • When I am judgmental and excluding towards others I hide my light.


Every law is important to GOD. HE made the priests shine light for all the people to see and wants me to do the same. JESUS said “do not hide your light under a bushel” meaning not letting my lust, anger, selfishness or fear get in the way of showing others how GOD loves me. The more I pout, the more I tell people GOD doesn’t care.

  • GOD cares about me so I should tell others.
  • GOD loves me so I should show this with excitement.
  • GOD forgives me so I should forgive others.


There are many ways to show my light. In the face of adversity I can smile. When someone is in need of a drink I can provide a meal too. If I’m facing trouble instead of being pitiful I can serve others with joy. GOD’s light and words will not come back void. In other words the smallest thing I do or say grows HIS kingdom and that’s reward enough!

  • Are you pouting right now?
  • Are you hiding your light because you are not getting your way?
  • Can you share your faith with others by focusing on what is right?
  • Won’t you help someone grow today?


No comments:

Post a Comment