Friday, June 7, 2013

Do I really have to give?


Exodus 25: The Lord said to Moses, “Tell the people of Israel to bring me an offering. You must receive the offering for me from all whose hearts move them to give.

============

“Snorkeling would be a great activity” I thought to myself as I planned our vacation. Let’s see… we’ll stay in one of the top hotels, spend days at a famous amusement park in Florida and really enjoy ourselves. Wait, that’s not enough. I know, I’ll throw in a cruise! Why not, I mean I worked hard so I needed a vacation!

  • Vacations are nice but I wonder if I should give before I go.
  • Buying nice things is okay but I wonder if I should give before I buy.
  • Investing is nice but I wonder if I should give before I invest.


Somehow I think my money is mine. I dream of nice things for me and never once think about those who are hurting or without cash.  I work so hard to acquire my cash so I think I deserve new gadgets, clothes, cars and stuff. Throw in a lavish vacation here and there and I’m okay. BUT GOD has other plans for my cash.

  • GOD wants me to take a portion of my wealth and give it to others.
  • GOD wants my heart to be conditioned to give not just receive.
  • GOD wants me to open my eyes and look for those in need rather than worrying about my cash.


GOD owns everything so HE isn’t looking for more stuff.  HE is looking to see if I can let go of things I consider precious and trust HIM to take care of me. Giving isn’t a cash matter it’s a heart matter. HE isn’t looking for me to be wealth with cash rather be wealthy with my heart.

  • Are you looking to receive and are pouting about it?
  • Can you give and not look to receive?
  • Are you giving out of obligation when GOD wants you to give out of desire?
  • Can you stop trying so hard to please GOD and start loving others knowing this pleases GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment