Monday, June 10, 2013

Feeling Forgiven

Exodus 26: 33 Hang the curtain from the hooks.
“Place the ark of the covenant behind the curtain. The curtain will separate the Holy Room from the Most Holy Room.34 Put the cover on the ark of the covenant in the Most Holy Room. The cover will be the place where sin is paid for.

============

As I told one lie it seemed only fitting to tell another.  How in the world could my parents tell that I was lying? I mean the first response of “I don’t know” should have been sufficient. Why were they asking me so many questions? Can’t this incident just be done?

  • Many times I want forgiveness without admitting I did something wrong.
  • Many times I want forgiveness without understanding consequence.
  • Many times I want forgiveness without having to face the fact that I am flawed.


The initial covenant between mankind and GOD included a lot of conditions, like a special ceremony for confession of sin. GOD designed a special place that humans were supposed to enter with extreme caution and reverence.  Confession of sin was the main focus and it had to be done the right way, with the shedding of blood from a sacrifice. Do I need to do this?

  • GOD did away with the sacrifices to HIM because HE sacrificed HIMSELF for me.
  • GOD no longer needs the blood of an animal because HE used HIS own blood to pay for my sins.
  • GOD does not need me to carry around stone tablets because HE placed HIS law in my heart.


One of my major battles is “feeling forgiven” rather than “:knowing I am forgiven.” Yes I know CHRIST died for me but sometimes I don’t “feel” it. GOD says “I will be with you always” and that lets me know I am forgiven. The laws in my heart battle with the ways of the world.

The battle wants me to doubt GOD’s everlasting love so I mistakenly seek “feeling” forgiveness with my own made up blinded criteria. GOD says to me “you are forgiven” and that’s all I need!

  • Are you down on yourself?
  • Are you feeling neglected rather than victorious?
  • Can you stop believing the lie and start believing that GOD does care for you?
  • Won’t you help others believe GOD cares for them?


No comments:

Post a Comment