Thursday, June 6, 2013

Would seeing GOD make a difference?

Exodus 24:Moses and Aaron, Nadab and Abihu, and the seventy elders of Israel went up 10 and saw the God of Israel. Under his feet was something like a pavement made of lapis lazuli, as bright blue as the sky. 11 But God did not raise his hand against these leaders of the Israelites; they saw God, and they ate and drank.

============

Mustard yellow, rust, distinct figures hanging from the mirror and a vanity license plate individualized my car. People would often say, “I saw your car” but the reference would be at places and times I probably should have been studying or in bed. I wonder if GOD were standing visibly in front of those places would I enter.

  • GOD wants me to have character and perform just like HE is standing right in front of me.
  • GOD wants me to focus on HIS plan when no one is watching me.
  • GOD wants me to treat HIM as GOD not as a distant possibility.


The elders of Israel weren’t supposed to go see GOD but they did anyway out of curiosity or disbelief is my guess. They actually saw who Moses spoke to and knew he wasn’t making all of this up to control them. In spite of “seeing” GOD and witnessing HIS miracles they could not stop sinning.

  • It’s up to me to choose GOD instead of being on the wrong path.
  • It’s up to me to desire GOD’s way instead of thinking my way is a good way.
  • It’s up to me to focus my energy towards GOD’s people rather than catering to those who do not love HIM.


GOD wants me to love HIM and that means understanding HIS compassion for “everyone” not just my exclusive mind. HE desires that I act with character to draw people to HIM.

  • Are you acting with character?
  • Are your thoughts filled with judgment or compassion?
  • Can you focus on what GOD wants you to do instead of wanting to see HIM as some sort of parlor trick or magician?


No comments:

Post a Comment