Leviticus 20: 7 “‘Set yourselves apart for me. Be holy, because I am the Lord your God. 8 Obey my rules. Follow them. I am the Lord. I make you holy.
Careful is a place I had fallen into. I was careful not to do anything wrong, say anything wrong or be in any wrong place in expectations that GOD would grant me my wishes. I was being a goody two shoes, following every rule as written. Sounds great doesn’t it? The problem was my motive.
- I sometimes act good to manipulate GOD into getting my way.
- I sometimes do good things out of habit instead of doing them when it’s tough.
- I sometimes forget about GOD when I accomplish great things.
GOD doesn’t want my phony worship nor does HE want me to totally give up on HIS ways. HE wants me to love HIM enough to want to be with HIM, HIS way.
- GOD wants me to “set myself apart” so others can see HIM instead of me.
- GOD wants me to “obey HIS rules” as a way of protection instead of it being punishment.
- GOD wants me to know “HE makes me holy” not any of my actions.
GOD said my righteousness is like, excuse my graphic language, a dirty tampon or used toilet paper. It’s filled with sinful motive, lack of grace and perpetual sinfulness. BUT GOD forgave me and catches glimpses of me loving HIM back here and there. My actions don’t make me holy, belief in HIS SON’s death and resurrection make me holy!
- Can you set yourself apart?
- Will you stop trying to steer GOD and let HIM work out HIS great plan for you?
- Won’t you allow HIM to make you into the person HE wants you to be?