Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I do not want to be a scapegoat


Leviticus 16: 20 “Aaron will finish making the Most Holy Room pure and clean. He will finish making the Tent of Meeting and the altar pure.

“Then he will bring the live goat out. 21 He must place both of his hands on its head. While he does that, he must tell me about all of the sins the people of Israel have committed. He must tell me about all of their evil acts and the times they did not obey me. In that way he puts their sins on the goat’s head.

“Then he will send the goat away into the desert. The goat will be led away by a man who was appointed to do it.22 The goat will carry all of their sins on itself to a place where there are no people. And the man will set the goat free in the desert.

============

A few people caused mischief in the classroom this day. It was fun! They were running around like they had lost their minds while the substitute teacher stepped out. Just like a sitcom, when she returned I was acting crazy.  It looked like I was the ring leader of this craziness and I only joined in at the end!

I was punished for everyone else’s mayhem and sentenced to picking up the room by myself.

  • Being the scapegoat feels rotten.
  • Being the blame feels terrible.
  • Being the scoundrel feels horrible.


I have tried to make others the scapegoat by pointing out their flaws and infirmities. Maybe if I can point to someone else then I won’t be noticed. Maybe I can look better than “that” person then my shortcomings can be overlooked.

  • JESUS became the scapegoat for me.
  • JESUS was blamed for all of my sins.
  • JESUS was sentenced to death because of me.


An innocent man died because of me. While this is a sobering truth it is also a celebration point. HE was raised from the dead and so was I. Every sin I have and will commit has been forgiven!

  • Are you making someone the scapegoat for your shortcomings?
  • Are you blaming someone else for you behaviors?
  • Can you accept your responsibility and confess your sins to GOD?
  • Can you admit you are a sinner and know that with confession you gain your power back?


No comments:

Post a Comment