Monday, July 22, 2013

Keeping it clean

Leviticus 15: 31 “‘You must keep the people of Israel away from things that make them “unclean.” Then they will not die for being “unclean.” And they will not die for making the place where the Lord lives “unclean.” It is in the middle of the camp.’”

============

As the hours passed at the bar, the conversation quickly turned into body parts and off color comments. “Should I stay or go?” was my first thought. I had never been in the “in” crowd so I stayed. Everyone actually enjoyed my antics and laughed the night away.

I wonder if I could tell them about CHRIST if I ran into them today.

  • My unclean actions can be seen by many.
  • My unclean words can harm those around me.
  • My unclean ways can seep into many parts of my life.


Even though JESUS died for my sins, I still don’t have a license to go out and do what I want whenever I want, however I want. HIS word tells me I need to remain as clean as I can even in today’s modern society.

  • GOD wants me to follow HIS ways so I can be clean.
  • GOD wants me to understand HIS law and continue to use as much of it as I can but not to depend on it for my salvation.
  • GOD wants me to be clean.


When GOD said “Be holy because I am Holy” it was more of a decree than a command. I am only holy “because” HE is holy and I am only clean “because” HE is clean. My thoughts and actions cannot clean me up but GOD can make me clean.

  • Are you doing something the GOD would not approve of?
  • Are you making yourself unclean?
  • Won’t you thank GOD for making you clean through HIS SON?


No comments:

Post a Comment