Monday, August 12, 2013

Admitting it gives me power


Numbers 5:The Lord said to Moses, “Speak to the people of Israel. Say to them, ‘Suppose a man or woman does something wrong to someone else. Then that person is not being faithful to the Lord. People like that are guilty.
“‘They must admit they have committed a sin. They must pay in full for what they did wrong. And they must add a fifth to it. Then they must give all of it to the person they have sinned against.

============

One day I decided to stop lying and admit stuff.  It seemed like the weeks that followed were full of opportunities for me to stretch the truth. My boss had asked me if I had completed a certain report. I thought to myself “say I’ve started it but I ran into difficulty” but the real answer was “no” and that’s what I told him but I also explained I was busy with other items. He accepted the truth.

You mean all I had to do was admit I was wrong.  I started doing this all over. Soon I was able to face my fears and sometimes I didn’t get the thing I really desired but my conscience remained clear.

  • When I do something wrong to someone I don’t want to admit it.
  • When I shirk my responsibility I don’t want to admit it.
  • When I mess up I don’t want to admit it.


GOD made an enormous number of laws for humans to follow.  If one law was broken, then I would be guilty of all. HE made it much easier on me by dying for my guilt. I must admit I am in need of HIS death, burial and resurrection in order to have a relationship with HIM.

  • GOD wants me to admit I am a person who doesn’t like HIS ways.
  • GOD wants me to admit I deserve to be separated from HIS love.
  • GOD wants me to admit I need HIM rather than thinking I can clean myself up.
  • GOD wants me to admit I am guilty but I can be freed from guilt by belief in HIS actions.


Admitting things to humans is difficult but liberating. The sin holds no power when I admit my wrong. Admitting things to GOD is even more powerful!

  • Are you in the wrong and haven’t admitted it?
  • Have you committed a sin and in your mind you have spun it around to make it look like the other person?
  • Can you admit your guilt to GOD?
  • Don’t you want to be free?

No comments:

Post a Comment