Friday, August 2, 2013

Bread is special


Leviticus 24:“The bread must be set out in front of me regularly. Do it every Sabbath day. It will be Israel’s duty to provide it for all time to come.

============

Pondering what bread meant to GOD made me curious today. HE provided Israel Bread from heaven. HE made very specific rules in how to make it and how to use it until the end of the age.

  • Bread makes me remember GOD because I need to eat and I need HIM.
  • Bread makes me remember GOD because I would easily forget HE provides for me.
  • Bread makes me remember GOD because it is in so many meals, how could I forget?

There are very special meals that are ritualistic and should be taken seriously that include bread however, I’m speaking about day to day bread should be a reminder also. In fact every meal that I eat, I should be reminded of GOD’s deliverance of humans through HIS SON.

HIS SON who is GOD decided to sacrifice HIMSELF by allowing HIS own creation to murder HIM when HE became a human. Before HIS death and after HIS resurrection HE ate bread.

HE simply wants me to remember what HE did for me and left a simple reminder “eating” to do so.

  • Do you remember GOD?
  • Are you taking time to ponder your relationship with HIM?
  • Can you thank HIM for HIS guidance?



No comments:

Post a Comment