Tuesday, August 6, 2013

GOD’s promise to me


Leviticus 26: 11 “‘I will live among you. I will not turn away from you. 12 I will walk among you. I will be your God. And you will be my people. 13 I am the Lord your God. I brought you out of Egypt. I did not want you to be slaves in Egypt anymore. I threw off your heavy load. I helped you walk with your heads held high.

============

Looking back at the mountain of sins I have committed I sometimes wonder “am I forgiven.”  I mean can GOD really forgive me for the candy I took when I was four? Or how about the time I lied about where I was going at sixteen? Or how about my present sins, can GOD really forgive these?

GOD says “Follow MY rules” but I break them all the time.
GOD says “Obey MY commands” but I ignore them at the drop of a hat.
GOD says “Trust in ME” yet I complain, doubt and worry.

These promises seem conditional and I have not met the conditions. What am I to do? I can’t go back and fix the sins I have already committed and I certainly am not crazy enough to think I will ever be sinless. Is there any hope?

GOD says “This is MY SON whom I am well pleased” which means I should focus on HIM.
GOD says “I am the way the truth and the life” which means my thought of saving myself is ludicrous.
GOD says “I helped you walk with your heads held high” which means I am saved from my lack of being able to follow HIS commands by believing in JESUS.

Many writers have said, “I am sinful” without saying “they are sinful.” GOD’s promises seem so distant until I realize HE loves me and pursues me in spite of me.

Are you feeling distant from GOD?
Do you think HE no longer loves you?
Can you stop feeding that lie and start believing HE really, really cares for you in spite of your actions?

Won’t you stop thinking your actions can control GOD and start believing HIS love for you is unconditional and everlasting?

No comments:

Post a Comment