Thursday, August 1, 2013

I need rest!

Leviticus 23:“‘There are six days when you can work. But the seventh day is a Sabbath. You must rest on it. Come together on that sacred day. You must not do any work on it. No matter where you live, it is a Sabbath day in my honor.

============

Lately I have realized I have been working absolutely too much. After driving and pushing and trying, I realize I am tired! Does GOD want me this tired? NO!

  • When I am trying too hard I do not rest.
  • When I am not trusting I do not rest.
  • When I am working instead of worshipping I do not rest.

Rest is very important to the LORD.  He mentions rest many times because it is a sign of trust. When I lose my trust in GOD’s plan I lose sleep over it and try very hard to make up the inefficiencies that I may have dreamt up. This causes me to work around the clock forgoing any rest I may need.

  • GOD says I can have six day to work and that should be enough.
  • GOD says I should give HIM an entire day to rest which shows my trust in HIM.
  • GOD says I should rest no matter where I am.


Resting is in GOD’s honor.  It is a form of worship.  It seems like sitting around would be worship but it is. HE will communicate to me when I slow down, sit and listen to HIM. HE wants me to rest!

  • Are you working too hard?
  • Do you need to take a moment off?
  • Won’t you stop for a day and give GOD the rest type of worship?


No comments:

Post a Comment