Thursday, August 8, 2013

Keeping GOD’s message special


Numbers 1: 47 But the families of the tribe of Levi were not counted along with the others. 48 The Lord had spoken to Moses. He had said, 49 “You must not count the men from the tribe of Levi. Do not include them when you list the other men of Israel.

50 “Instead, put the Levites in charge of the holy tent. That is where the tablets of the covenant are kept. The Levites will be in charge of everything that belongs to the holy tent. They must carry the tent and everything that belongs to it. They must take care of it. They must set up camp around it.

============

Dress in a suit and don’t walk behind the pulpit were the rules that seemed to be upheld the most in the church of my childhood. Meanwhile I missed many sermons because I would fall asleep. “When I get older, I may not attend church” I said to myself.

I tried reading the Bible but it got boring real quick. I mean why should I know a genealogy? And besides, many of the old folks who were teaching me this stuff didn’t seem to be living any better than other folks.

  • When GOD’s message is not special to me I develop reasons to move away from HIM.
  • When GOD’s message is not special to me I treat everything about HIM as common.
  • When GOD’s message is not special to me I compare what others are doing and never look at myself.


GOD went through great lengths to make HIS message to me special.  HE wrote HIS laws on my heart and taught many great people to hold HIS word in great esteem. HE knew I would reject HIS ways so when HIS SON volunteered to die for me HE agreed. HE loves when I pursue HIM.

  • GOD understands when I don’t follow HIS ways but rewards me when I do.
  • GOD understands when I don’t read about HIM but loves when I get to know HIM.
  • GOD understands when I don’t treat HIS message special but grows me when I seek wisdom, knowledge and understanding from HIM.


HE put a group of people in charge of carrying HIS message when the Israelites were in the desert and told them to keep this message special. GOD wants me to do the same.

  • Are you keeping GOD’s message special?
  • Do you yield to HIS ways whenever you can?
  • Won’t you start seeking HIM by letting go of your expectations of HIM and allowing HIM to work?


No comments:

Post a Comment