Friday, August 16, 2013

Obedience takes patience

Numbers 9: 21 Sometimes the cloud stayed only from evening until morning. When it lifted in the morning, they started out. It didn’t matter whether it was day or night. When the cloud lifted, the people started out. 22 It didn’t matter whether the cloud stayed above the holy tent for two days or a month or a year. The people of Israel would remain in camp. They wouldn’t start out. But when the cloud lifted, they would start out.

23 When the Lord gave the command, they camped. And when he gave the command, they started out. They obeyed the Lord’s order. They obeyed him, just as he had commanded them through Moses.

============

Sitting in my dorm room in the middle of my first semester, I wanted to be done! I had enough of school but I was only just beginning. After finally graduating I sat in my cubicle frustrated that I wasn’t getting a promotion. After finally getting a promotion years later I moved on to another position.

Weary from years of travel from this position I moved on to another position at a large company. It seemed like GOD is taking forever to get me to where I need to be. What’s taking HIM so long?

  • My impatience causes me to be frustrated.
  • When I hear I have to wait years instead of minutes I lose my patience.
  • My impatience causes me to want to stop, sit and give up.


GOD’s timing definitely isn’t my timing.  I want things the way I want them, when I want them and how I want them.  I place a huge expectation on GOD and when HE doesn’t come through with my timing, I complain to HIM as if HE made a wrong decision.

  • GOD wants me to cheerfully obey HIM on a daily basis.
  • GOD wants me to release my expectations of the day and open my eyes to HIS grace.
  • GOD wants me to increase my patience by accepting HIS daily gifts rather than pouting over not getting my desires.


When I lose my patience it is hard for me to be obedient. In fact I probably get quite the opposite and become rebellious. GOD has HIS timing and has plenty of love for me. HIS plans are great!

  • Are you in a situation where you are losing your patience?
  • Do you think GOD has forgotten you or is punishing you?
  • Won’t you stop for a moment and remember the grace HE has given you?
  • Can you ask HIM to remove any pouting you may have and replace it with grace for someone?


No comments:

Post a Comment