Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Sometimes it stings to give!

Leviticus 27: 30 “‘A tenth of everything the land produces belongs to me. That includes grain from the soil and fruit from the trees. It is holy. It is set apart for me.

============

Scouring the internet I pieced together the ideal vacation.  With hotel points and airline miles, we could go to one of the top resorts and live first class.  This was phenomenal! Since I saved so much, I decided to throw in a cruise! I mean I earned it!

  • Sometimes I don’t think GOD owns “my” money.
  • Sometimes I think I am doing GOD a favor by “giving.”
  • Sometimes I think I deserve stuff and get mad when someone breaks, steals or loses “my” stuff.


It’s hard to believe that GOD owns all things. I say, “yeah, yeah HE owns everything” but I turn around and get highly upset when HE allows some of my stuff to be taken or destroyed. When I have an abundance of cash I conveniently forget to give and when I’m low on cash I use the excuse, “I don’t have it right now.”

  • GOD says “give ME a tenth” which releases my greedy grip on stuff.
  • GOD says “I expect everyone to give” which means I should give when it is difficult.
  • GOD says “Do not be worried over the things of this world” simply because HE owns it all and knows what is best for me to have.


Wanting more stuff is sometimes a problem for me.  The more I have the more I try to protect what I have.  I want a lot of stuff so I won’t me worried but the stuff makes me worry! GOD wants me to release the tight grip “stuff” has on me by giving it away just like HE gives to me daily!

  • Are you worried about cash?
  • Do you think GOD is punishing you by not giving you a lot of cash?
  • Can you give when you have plenty AND when you don’t have much?
  • Won’t you face your fears of losing stuff by giving stuff away?


No comments:

Post a Comment