Thursday, August 22, 2013

Watch what you ask for!


Numbers 11:Some people who were with them began to long for other food. Again the people of Israel began to cry out. They said, “We wish we had meat to eat. We remember the fish we ate in Egypt. It didn’t cost us anything. We also remember the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions and garlic. But now we’ve lost all interest in eating. We never see anything but this manna!”

-------
10 Moses heard people from every family crying. They were sobbing at the entrances to their tents.
The Lord burned with hot anger. So Moses became troubled.
============

God has a plan for the “good” times and the “bad.” When I decide I don’t like the trial I’m in, I try to steer GOD in the direction of comfort.  I want to be as comfortable and wealthy as possible. This may or may not be GOD’s plan for me.

  • GOD has a plan for me and doesn’t like altering it for my selfish desires.
  • GOD has a plan for me that is built with love and doesn’t like changing it to suit my preferences.
  • GOD has a plan for me that considers what is best and doesn’t like modifying it to put me in a worse situation.


I can long for the wrong thins all I want BUT GOD knows what is best for me and protects me from myself at times. HE carries me away from things that will harm me. I may cry and throw a tantrum but HE knows how to grow me in ways I never could consider!

  • Are you in a trial and trying to pray your way out of it?
  • Why do you think GOD has left you in the trial?
  • Can you look at how HE is growing you?
  • Won’t you let HIM steer the plan HE has for you?


No comments:

Post a Comment