Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Following GOD gives me peace


Numbers 25: 12 “So tell Phinehas I am making my covenant with him. It promises to give him peace. 13 He and his sons after him will have a covenant to be priests forever. That is because he was committed to making sure that I, his God, was honored. In that way he paid for the sin of the people of Israel.”

============

“Don’t lie this time” was the thought that popped in my head when I finally reached the courage to face my flaws. It was so easy to think of an excuse rather than face the consequence of my action. I actually can’t remember when this thought popped in my head but it has lasted throughout my life.

This meant I couldn’t stretch the truth by saying I got caught in traffic when the road was clear and I was actually late. It meant I couldn’t say my phone was broken that’s why I didn’t call. It meant I couldn’t say everything is fine when I am hurting inside.

  • When I follow GOD I must face my own flaws.
  • When I follow GOD I must say what HE wants me to say no matter how incriminating it may be.
  • When I follow GOD I must reduce so HE can increase.


The spotlight is fun but it requires “reputation management” which causes me to hide my flaws. When I hide my flaws I can’t minister to those who have the same flaws. They will look at my façade thinking they need to be perfect and that is not the case.

  • GOD wants me committed to making sure HE is honored.
  • GOD wants me to show I am flawed but HE isn’t.
  • GOD wants me to tell others I sin daily but I’m forgiven eternally.


When words I write point to me, then I get my reward here on earth. When they point to GOD, we all reap eternal rewards that I can never imagine!

  • Are you putting on a façade?
  • Are you busy pointing out someone else’s sins and haven’t confessed yours?
  • Can you tell someone if you have fear, doubt, lust, pride, anger or something else that keeps you from exciting worship of GOD?


No comments:

Post a Comment