Friday, September 13, 2013

GOD appoints leaders


Numbers 27: 18 So the Lord said to Moses, “Joshua, the son of Nun, has the ability to be a wise leader. Get him and place your hand on him. 19 Have him stand in front of the priest Eleazar and the whole community. Put him in charge while everyone is watching. 20 Give him some of your authority. Then the whole community of Israel will obey him.

============

“Who put her in charge?” was our thought when we got a new “go-getter” boss. She seemed to never stop working. Her diplomacy skills seemed sharp when she spoke to her boss but when it came to us it was a different story.  I thought about complaining, but could never find the words.

She then approached me and asked me to be the primary speaker on one of the projects we were working on.  “Maybe she isn’t so bad after all.”

  • Sometimes I get mad at leaders when I’m not getting my way.
  • Sometimes I think poorly of leaders based on my negative attitude.
  • Sometimes I feel the leader is crazy because I didn’t take the time to understand them.


Being a leader is difficult especially when leading a group of whiners and complainers.  Each criticism is but another jab to the face that the leader must take. I wonder how I can make the leaders’ job easier.

  • GOD wants me to respect the leader even if I don’t agree with their direction.
  • GOD wants me to be creative with the leader because HE never wants me to hide my talent.
  • GOD wants me to understand that HE appointed the leader and any criticism of them is a criticism of HIM.


Some leadership styles are more difficult for me to serve under; however it is my responsibility to use my GOD given talents and abilities to their fullest.  GOD appoints leaders and my complaints to HIM are about HIS decision of appointing this person to their post. Every complaint is heard and noted.

I must respect GOD’s decision and ask HIM for help when I don’t feel like following the appointed person.

  • Is there a leader that you have complained about?
  • Do you think GOD is excited about your complaints or actions?
  • Are you performing up to your best when the leader isn’t acting like a leader?


No comments:

Post a Comment